Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mcintosh Receiver Help! My McIntosh MAC 4100 Receiver Loses Audio Output And I'm Not Good At Fixing Things?

Help! My McIntosh MAC 4100 Receiver loses audio output and I'm not good at fixing things? - mcintosh receiver

I bought a used 4100 (from the 70s?) At 4 years, makes it work, and in a cupboard. Last week I was finally able platform with some of the speakers, and it was unbelievable. On the first day there was a slight tightening of the script, and then went down the left channel. I played with him, and returned. I have for several days, approximately 2 hours per day, and it worked perfectly. Then, during the last 3 days, works well when it is lit, but less than 15 minutes there is a single light crunch, and then 5 minutes later, leaving two channels completely. When I come back hours later, ran for 15 minutes. I Reduced the "problem" to the exit, about anything that comes against the background of power meter, since no records at all, despite FM or CD player, the provision of information. Shake control entry, there is nothing, not even a crack. The meter power light work, because if you rotate the camera until the flash half-way, as he always did.

1 comment:

david s said...

Sounds like bad capacitors. If the unit is cold, they work well, but when it is heated, the peaks of the "open". This is the crackling you hear. Coupling in all likelihood. You should switch to a store. Your Mac is a unit of exceptional quality, one of the best (and most expensive) have ever done, actually. Do not let that someone working on it. Try to McIntosh dealers work to find it.

Post a Comment